Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Well, Now What?

As of tomorrow, I am medically cleared to return to work.  Unfortunately, there is no work available this week.  In the meantime, I decided that I needed a less stressful source of income.  So, I'm starting my own business.  Since I haven't worked in 6 weeks, there isn't much starting capital.  But Denise and I pulled some books and DVDs out of our personal collection and headed off to the flea market.  All in all, we managed to clear about $10 more than we paid in rent for the booth for the day.

In the course of the day, I learned that some flea market shoppers get really annoyed at vendors who obey the law and charge the required sales tax.  Looks like we're going to have to shift to tax-included pricing.

If you are curious about just how stressful my day job can be, you might want to check out another blog, Tales of a RGIS Auditor.

No comments: