Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 2, 2010

"Ok, I'll Just Go Home and Die."

So, when I left off, I was in need of a double bypass if I was going to live much longer.  Our local hospital in New Braunfels didn't have the capacity to handle the procedure anytime soon, so arrangements were begun to transfer me to San Antonio.  As far as any of us knew, it was just a matter of waiting for a bed to be available.  While we were waiting, my wife got a call from the other hospital, informing her that a $10,000 advance payment would be required before I could be transported.  It was at this point that I uttered the title to this post. 

Fortunately, that minor little difficulty was smoothed over, and at 5am the next morning (July 16) I was loaded into an ambulance and taken on a trip down the highway. 

No comments: